Here are some thoughts you should consider as you plan a training session:
- Make a plan and write it down. Carry it on the field with you and use it as a guide. Do not “Wing It”!
- Instead of running to promote fitness, use small-sided games. You will increase fitness, technique and tactics with SSG!!!
- Use problem solving (Discovery Method) of teaching as much as possible. For example, two team playing 3v3 – How can you get the ball from one end line to the other with three passes?
- Do not use drills where the players are waiting in lines. There is not enough training time as it is! Use activities!
- Make all sessions as realistic to the game as possible.
- Restrict each activity to a set time period. For example, we will play 3v3 for seven minutes. Then stick to it. You will get more out of your team
- Tell the player what they will be doing in the training session and why!
- MAKE IT FUN FOR THE PLAYERS AND YOU!!!