Listen to Part 5:
Creative coaches are able to create specific rules/adjustments for practice games to correct weaknesses observed in the game. Are you creative?
Your proper use and understanding of Small Sided Games and Scrimmages both Cooperative & Competitive will help you become more creative –Guaranteed!
Tyler Vaughn and Koach Karl’s discussion continues by going into even greater detail of Steps -6 & 7 of the ‘9-Step Practice’. This unique approach developed over decades, with its primary focus on Small Sided Games, has proven to improve players much quicker than traditional methods because:
SMALL SIDED GAMES:
- Allow maximum touches of the ball in minimum amount of time.
- Involves maximum number of players in a minimum amount of space.
- Create an atmosphere where technique can be observed under game related conditions.
- Create atmosphere resulting in improving physical fitness, technique and the variety to keep players interested
- Play even or uneven sided games
- Change the number of players on the field
- Change the number of goals on the field
- Change the number of balls on the field
- Changes the number of ball-touches per player
- Change the size of the playing area wider for attack
- Change the size of the playing area narrower for defense
- Have height limitation –ball may not go higher than knees
- Use neutral players on or off the field
- Use neutral zones on the field
Learn about this and other concepts as we continue our conversation above.