Contact Koach Karl
Parent Support Checklist
- Maintain a “Fun is #1″ attitude.
- Treat others as you wish to be treated.
- Praise athletes for just participating, regardless of their athletic skills or performance.
- Look for positives in athletes; avoid ridicule or sarcasm.
- Remain calm when mistakes are made and help athletes learn from mistakes.
- Help keep athletes from getting down on themselves when things do not go well.
- Do not be obsessed with your involvement with sports. There is life after sports.
- Maintain a sense of humor.
- Emphasize teamwork in team sports; teach them to think “we” instead of “me.”
- Lead by setting a good example in sportsmanship: winning with humility and losing with dignity.