Koach Karl Dewazien (Men’s Soccer, Student-Athlete: 1966-1969, Coach 1969-1973) After a playing and coaching career that helped lay the foundation for the storied FPU men’s soccer program, Karl Dewazien has gone on to become a household name in the world of soccer.
As a player he scored 21 career goals, graduating as the program’s all-time leading scorer, and distinguished himself as a team leader. His leadership was so trusted that he was actually named head coach of the team prior to his senior season. After serving as player-coach for one year, he held the position for four more seasons before moving on to become one of the major pioneers of the sport in the United States.
Dewazien has been instrumental to the sport’s growth, particularly in the state of California, and served as the California Youth Soccer Association State Coaching Director from 1978 to 2012. He initiated the youth soccer camp movement on the West Coast and has been a clinician for thousands of coaches throughout the U.S.A well-published author, he has been a contributor to every major soccer publication in the U.S. and is a featured speaker at state and national events.
His “Modified Laws of the Game” for youth players, used by the U.S. Youth Soccer Association, has become the standard throughout the U.S. and Canada, while his book “FUNdamental Soccer Practice” has been translated into Spanish, Japanese and Chinese.
A few of Karl’s accomplishments:
• Graduate Lemoore Union High School (1964)
• Graduate Coalinga Junior College (1966)
• Fresno Pacific College/BA (1969)
• Teaching Credential State of Calif. (1970)
• United States Soccer Federation “A” license #28 (l974)
• West German “A” license course (l979)
• Holland (English) Coaching course (l979)
• Federation International deFootball Association (FIFA) Coaching Academies (by invitation) (1981 & l984)
• Canadian National Staff Coaching Course (1982)
…and many more throughout Europe and USA since then!
INDUCTED INTO HALLS of FAME:
• Lemoore Union High School (2001)
• Coalinga Junior College (2003)
• Fresno Pacific University (2014)
• California Youth Soccer Association (2014)
JOBS in SOCCER (Highlights only):
• Head Coach Fresno Pacific College (5 years)
• Soccer Promoter for Pepsi (2 years)
• Soccer Promoter for J.M. Lord Co. (2 years)
- • Coaching Director (C.Y.S.A) California Youth Soccer Association (l978-2012)
- -CYSA averaged over 200,000 registered players
- -Responsible for licensing (average) 3,000 coaches each year in Calif.
- -In charge of curriculum development for all courses
- -Advisor to Technical Directors in the Olympic Development Program
- -Technical Advisor on local, national and international coaching
Soccer Accomplishments (Highlights only):
• Developed “Modified Laws of the Game” Adopted by United States Youth Soccer Assoc.
• Developed “pre-F”, “F”, “E”, “E/D” and “D” course curriculum adopted by Region 4 (Fourteen Western States in l981)
• Taught Hundreds of Thousands of coaches throughout the United States of America.
• Only youth Clinician honored to do sessions at both National Soccer Coaches Association of America (NSCAA and United States Youth Soccer Association’s Annual General Meetings (A.G.M.’s) in 1996, 1997 and 1998.
• Author of “FUNdamental Soccer” book series:
- For the Coach
- -FUNdamental SOCCER – ‘Guide’
- -FUNdamental SOCCER – ‘Practice’
- -FUNdamental SOCCER – ‘Tactics’
- -FUNdamental SOCCER – ‘Goalkeeping’
The ’Practice’ book was translated into Spanish (1996), Japanese (2000) and Chinese by Peoples Republic of China and distributed to all youth coaches in China by government (1987)
- For the Player
- -‘Totally’ FUNdamental SOCCER
- -‘Footnotes’ of FUNdamental SOCCER
• Co-Author of ‘Miles & Miles of Soccer Smiles’, a program for Special Needs Children (2000)
- • Author of articles in all major soccer publications in the USA, including:
- -Soccer America
- -Soccer California
- -Soccer Journal
- -Soccer Jr.
Many articles have been translated into French, Portuguese, Spanish and German.
• Contributor to NSCAA Coaching Soccer Book, a History of NSCAA.
• Served on Board of Advisers for ‘Soccer Jr.’ Magazine
- • Producer & Director of Video clinician in series
- -FUNdamental Soccer (1978)
- -Youth Soccer Practices – The FUNdamental Way (l997)
- -FUNdamental Soccer –Practice of Champions (2001)
- -9-Step Practice Routine DVD (2004)
• Internet clinician for www.fundamentalsoccer.com
- • Co-Chairman of the National Coaching Committee
- -United States Youth Soccer Association (USYSA)
- -USYSA had 3.2 million registered players throughout the USA (l996-99)
• Administrator of the District 7 Recreation Program (2014-Present)
Koach Karl is available for Consulting and Speaking Engagements
For details, call 559-447-1869 or email firstname.lastname@example.org